Yoga means union or oneness of mind, body, and soul. It is a series of poses or postures that help to quiet the mind, stretch and relax the body, and invigorate the spirit. When one practices yoga, they receive many benefits including physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
The physical benefits: Yoga creates a toned, flexible, and strong body. Improves respiration, energy, and vitality. Helps to maintain a balanced metabolism. Promotes cardio and circulatory health. Relieves pain. Helps you look and feel younger. Improves your athletic performance. The mental benefits: Yoga helps you relax and handle stressful situations more easily. Teaches you how to quiet the mind so you can focus your energy where you want it to go — into a difficult yoga pose, on the tennis court or golf course, or in the office. Encourages positive thoughts and self-acceptance. The spiritual benefits: Yoga builds awareness of your body, your feelings, the world around you, the needs of others. Promotes interdependence between mind, body, and spirit. Helps you live the concept of “oneness.” Complete Detoxification – By gently stretching muscles and joints as well as massaging the various organs, yoga ensures the optimum blood supply to various parts of the body. This helps in the flushing out of toxins as well as providing nourishment. This leads to benefits such as delayed ageing, energy and a remarkable zest for life.
• Tai Chi is a moving meditation. Every movement is controlled by the Mind and Breath. It is also a martial art, where the movements can be used in self-defense. The exact translation of Tai Chi Chuan is “Grand Ultimate Fist”.
• It is also known as “Yang TaiChi” or “TaiChi Chuan”. There are different styles, but in the 1950’s, the Chinese government brought many of these styles, masters, & practitioners together to compile a “short form” so that people could practice tai chi with simplicity.
• Qi Gong (Chi Kung) is a powerful energy healing system that connects the body, mind and spirit. It is believed to originate in China over 5000 years ago and is the foundation of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). It was developed within the vast realm of TCM and is responsible for a multitude of health benefits. The word literally means “energy work” or “energy training” but the actual practice is far deeper than its description.
• Qi Gong is the art and science of cultivating and manipulating one’s inner vital life force with the intentions of healing. Practitioners can gain control of and direct the healthy flow of their Qi, or life force, for self-healing. There are thousands of Qi Gong systems now in existence today.
• TaiChi & Qigong are similar in movements, but the difference is Qi Gong is more of an “energy exercise” that balances and strengthens your chi, while tai chi is more of a coordination form that circulates your chi.
Private Sessions and Classes
Private Yoga, Tai Chi or Qigong sessions are available for those who may want to deepen their practice or receive individualized instruction. Private group classes can also be provided. Optional locations include Dunwoody, Sandy Springs and Marietta.